We encourage you to assess and develop your menu…
Why? its cost effective and better for your bottom line.
Consider two key factors…..
- Is it the best produce for the dish or could anther item work better?
- Is it in season?
- Will the product be available for the life of my menu?
- Is the price likely to go up later in the season? Prices can fluctuate dramatically and are an accepted part of the market . More recently what has been surprising are the dramatic differences in price and the speed with which the prices rise (typically they dont return to normal as fast!). Our buyer is reporing that it is becoming more difficult to be accurate when it comes to price.
- Cost effectiveness:
- Is there a product that is better suited for use, which will provide better value for money? E.g. Beans will become expensive in the middle of winter, recommendation to replace with Broccolini
- Is your produce being stored correctly?
The Murdoch team has many years of combined experience in kitchens, the market and produce and can help you with the process.
Justyn McGrigor says “Our chefs want to purchase well and avoid cost blow outs when the seasons change or weather events cause prices to jump. Chefs can get really creative with the produce, I help them keep the bottom line looking healthy. We really enjoy talking to the chefs about which products work best, we may recommend some changes & introduce them to some of the specialist items they may not be aware of.”
Its always a good time to review your upcoming new menus.
Get in touch with the team at Murdoch Produce today by visiting their website or phoning (02) 8543 9999.
Sign up for the Market Update it’s a free weekly report that gives you fresh produce information for that week – what is available, in season, expensive or scarce.
It’s always a good time to talk! Get in touch us today by visiting the website or phoning (02) 8543 9999.
Follow us on instagram